Top 5 things that I learned from doing 100 burpees a day for 50 straight days.
- Burpees suck…… especially 5000 of them
They are likely the worst and least fun part of most people’s regime…
- But just like with your math classes in grade school, you should probably be working hard in the area that you dislike the best.
- Making time is hard
- As with most people, I have a lot of things going on (including planning a wedding). I, like everyone reading this HAVE NO TIME! I had to plan my day to the minute to get the burpees in on some days…
- But guess what? I was able to through good planning!
- Consistency is everything
- I had a tough time with this….
- As with most things in our culture, we are great at going overboard on something for 3-4 days, and then no more until next year… not this time.
- I made it a point to accomplish this
- This has made me a much better planner.
- Have you ever planned to do something on a Saturday, and Sunday comes and you said to yourself “dang! I forgot that I was supposed to do that yesterday…”
- This happens to me all of the time
- I had to plan plan, plan, plan for this to be consistent
- This has rid me of almost every ache in my body.
Throughout my (almost) 30 years, I have been diagnosed with:
- 2 herniated Lumbar Disc’s
- 1 separated shoulder
But I have had:
- 0 pain within 7 days of starting these burpees.
The challenge of started with 2 goals in mind:
- To teach myself discipline by completing 5,000 burpees.
- I have done a lot of things involving exercise before but have never been this consistent with exercise.
This has been amazing and I feel great!
- To show everyone reading this article that exercise is not complicated, bad, or bad for you.
- My joints didn’t erode
- My body is not “torn apart”
- This took me about 8 minutes max to perform.
This journey has taught me so much about myself and the thing that I love so much, the human body. I can now implement some of these things to make my life more efficient.
Hopefully this article will empower you to move more freely, take control of your health and have a good time doing new things with your body.